An intensive, two-day class that centers on effective communication within police organizations; city councils and commissioners courts, public testimony, communications with the community; live, recorded, and print media; and with political stakeholders. Each course will have an in-class practicum required for completion.
- What is the state of news in 2020?
- Managing media
- Media monitoring
- Social media tools
- Mobile apps to make your life easier
- Mobile video on the go
- Bad news has a limited shelf life
- Morning - Case studies – Officer-involved shootings and critical incidents
- Afternoon - Mock interviews and scenarios (Will be recorded for participant feedback)